Series: Twenty (2004)
The Thunderwing Jet was released boxed in U.S. toy stores with the driver Slip Stream (v3) in 2004.
The Thunderwing Jet was also available at Toys R Us in 2004 with an additional Ace (v6) figure. Thunderwing Jet was part of the Valor vs. Venom line and featured the following:
- Control handle folds down or up into the belly of the plane
- 10 top loading missiles that are launched from a button on the handle, firing the missiles out of the front of the plane
- 4 trigger activated dropping bombs
- 11 phrases, including Push it Up, Switching to bombs, Bombs away, Target destroyed, Switching to missiles, Missile away, Cobra goin' down, Go tactical, Break right, Break left, and Cobra bearing 225.
- Retractable landing gear
- Opening canopy
- Lights and sounds (engine, bombs, missiles)
- Rear exhaust ports double as targeting sensors, can be switched from bomb to missile mode
Driver/Pilot: SLIP STREAM (v3)
Slip Stream (v3) was released as part of the twentieth series (2004), packaged with the Thunderwing Jet as part of the Valor vs Venom line.
Driver/Pilot: ACE (v6)
Ace (v6) was released as part of the twentieth series (2004), packaged with the Tigerhawk as part of the Valor vs Venom line.
Ace (v6) was also released with the Thunderwing Jet as a Toys R Us exclusive. This release did not include a filecard.
Ace (v6) was also released in 2005 (and through early 2007) as a single carded figure as a part of the Valor vs Venom line.
He was released again in 2008 as a single carded figure to specialty markets. Note that for this release, he was renamed "Capt. Ace."
No variations of Thunderwing Jet are known to exist.
Reference InformationThe below information contains information about references to various collector's guides, Hasbro references, original retail prices, and other reference material related to Thunderwing Jet.
Original Retail: n/a
Product Number: n/a
Lee's Guide: n/a
The Ultimate Guide: n/a
Desimone Guide: n/a
Tomart's Guide: n/a
RAHC/Rank & File: n/a
Action Figure Archive Guide: n/a