G.I.JOE FIRST SERGEANT
Series: Twenty Seven (2004)
Voice FX Duke was released boxed in 2004 as part of the Valor vs Venom line.
Voice FX Duke was also released later in 2004 with an exclusive Duke (v18) figure. This set was a Toys R Us Exclusive.
Voice FX Duke came with a green helmet, brown shirt, green vest, tan pants, two black kneepads, two black boots, a mortar stand, a firing mortar, a mortar base, four mortar shells, a grappling hook gun, three grenades, a canteen, a pistol, a rifle, a firing missile launcher that attaches to the rifle, a missile, a firing rocket launcher, and a rocket.
Voice FX Duke was with a 3 3/4" Duke later that year as a Toys R Us exclusive.
Voice FX Duke was made using a modified standard body with molded black gloves. The torso and waist are one piece, with a voice box inside, and a button on the stomach to activate the Voice FX features. The head is a new sculpt, and is able to move its jaw and brow.
Voice FX Duke came with two pages of instructions showcasing his talking features. Voice FX Duke speaks 13 phrases and has moving facial features, activated by pressing a button on his stomach, and can be activated in four ways.
• Light press/hold down button: Figure's mouth opens once and he says one of his 13 different phrases.
• Hard press/hold down button: Figure's mouth opens once and he shouts one of his 13 different phrases.
• Light press/release button: For each press/release, figure's mouth opens and he says one word of a phrase. Keep pressing/releasing to make figure say each word in the phrase.
• Hard press/release button: For each press/release, figure's mouth opens and he shouts one word of a phrase. Keep pressing/releasing to make figure shout each word in the phrase.
To alternate the way phrases sound, press lightly for some words and hard for others.
Duke says the phrases shown below.
• We must stop Cobra at all costs. (talking - shouting)
• Snake Eyes, Jinx, we're going in. (talking - shouting)
• This team stays together. (talking - shouting)
• We have to stop Cobra, once and for all. (talking - shouting)
• First wave, follow me. (talking - shouting)
• Get the others, meet me there. (talking - shouting)
• We're taking this battle to Cobra. (talking - shouting)
• We do this fast and clean, people. (talking - shouting)
• Work together, that's an order, soldier. (talking - shouting)
• Good move, soldier. (talking - shouting)
• On the double, soldier. (talking - shouting)
• Yo, Joe! (talking - shouting)
• Lock and load! (talking - shouting)
Reference InformationThe below information contains information about references to various collector's guides, Hasbro references, original retail prices, and other reference material related to Duke (v8).
Original Retail: n/a
Product Number: n/a
Lee's Guide: n/a
The Ultimate Guide: n/a
Desimone Guide: n/a
Tomart's Guide: n/a
RAHC/Rank & File: n/a
Action Figure Archive Guide: n/a