Future Comic Writers and Artists Announced
The following press release came to us from Devil's Due Studios, go to ImageComics.com to see some preview images.
MIKE ZECK, DAVID MACK, PAUL JENKINS KAARE ANDREWS TAKE A DIP IN G.I. JOE TALENT POOL!
While 2002 was a huge year for Image Comics’ G.I. JOE, 2003 looks to be even more exciting as some of the industry’s best talent lines up to contribute to G.I. JOE, G.I. JOE: FRONTLINE and the upcoming G.I. JOE VS. TRANSFORMERS crossover.
Leading the pack is veteran comic book superstar Mike Zeck, well known for the covers he contributed to the original G.I. JOE comic book series in the '80s. Zeck will be pencilling the interiors for an all-new silent issue featuring the most popular G.I. JOE characters, Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow. This marks Zeck’s long-awaited return to sequential illustration and his first ever full-length G.I. JOE story. Regular artist Brandon Badeaux will draw issue 20, the first half of this two-part story, and then he'll skip ahead to issue twenty-two, which will kick off Joshua Blaylock’s final arc as head writer. Zeck and Blaylock will make a brief signing appearance at the Orlando Mega-Con this Saturday, February 28th, from 3:00 to 6:00 PM.
With a veritable amy of superstar talent and a myriad of upcoming titles, 2003 is shaping up to be a powerhouse year for G.I. JOE. Below is a list of some of the talent attached to G.I. JOE over the months to come:
Future interior creative teams will be announced in the weeks ahead.
- J. Scott Campbell: G.I. JOE VS. TRANSFORMERS: cover - June
- Tony Harris: G.I. JOE: FRONTLINE: Covers - March
- David Mack: Writing upcoming G.I. JOE: FRONTLINE one-shot - TBA
- Paul Jenkins: Writing upcoming G.I. JOE: FRONTLINE one-shot - TBA
- Kaare Andrews: G.I. JOE VS. TRANSFORMERS: Cover - June
- Francis Manapul: G.I. JOE: FRONTLINE - Covers - July
- Sean McKeever: G.I. JOE: FRONTLINE: Writing “Zanya” - July
Return to Magazine