Unproduced: Duke (1995)
Pictured above is an experimental Duke intended for release in 1995. Hasbro experimented with changing figure construction. There are five major differences between this figure and the old Joe construction-
1. The waist design on this figure eliminated the rubber band. This figure would eventually be able to twist its torso at the waist, but
on this prototype it does not (there is no waist movement).
2. The legs (where they connect to the waist) have 90 degree flat
movement much like that of a vintage Star Wars figure, allowing for less
3. The torso is much larger than normal, giving Duke a buff appearance
reminiscent of the disproportion in the Gi Joe Extreme figures.
4. The shoulder joints are of a new design yet function similarly to
those of normal joes.
5. The knee joints are of a new design. With this prototype, the metal
leg screws/rods are responsible for the knee movement.
This design never made it beyond the test mold shown here. No stamps are
present on this figure.
From the collection of: Will Toomey
Additional help courtesy of: Simon Hurley